12 January 2018
Avaloq extends global leadership team and organisation
As a next step in the company’s transformation into an integrated service provider, Avaloq strengthens its organisational structure and welcomes three new members to its Group Executive Board. Chris Beukers has been appointed Regional Manager Asia Pacific, Tobias Unger has been appointed Regional Manager Switzerland and Liechtenstein, and Brian Hurdis has been appointed Chief Service Delivery Officer.
On its journey towards becoming a global leader in the automation of the financial industry, Avaloq enables banks and wealth managers to operate in an efficient and compliant way through Software as a Service (SaaS) and Business Process as a Service (BPaaS). In addition, Avaloq facilitates its customers’ digital transformation and innovation.
Already today, over two thirds of the company’s revenues originate from its service offerings. Avaloq will continue to cater for the strong demand for its services in the financial industry. For that purpose, Avaloq has also recently strengthened its capital structure and shareholder structure and welcomed global private equity firm Warburg Pincus as a new shareholder in March 2017.
Following the recent handover of the Group CEO position from Francisco Fernandez to Juerg Hunziker, Avaloq now strengthens its organisation to foster standardisation and provide a scalable structure for accelerated growth, while adding more weight to global market and customer centricity in the company’s leadership team.
Avaloq welcomes three new members to its Group Executive Board: Chris Beukers has been appointed Regional Manager APAC, Tobias Unger has been appointed Regional Manager Switzerland and Liechtenstein, and Brian Hurdis has been appointed Chief Service Delivery Officer.
The new Group Executive Board of the Avaloq group is now as follows:
- Juerg Hunziker, Group CEO, joined Avaloq in 2016. He is a diligent and experienced international manager who stands out through his strong execution skills and an impressive track record at SunGard.
- Chris Beukers, Regional Manager APAC, recently joined Avaloq. He is an experienced industry expert with more than 25 years of successful international track record in Asia Pacific and beyond, most recently for Pactera International.
- Tobias Unger, Regional Manager Switzerland and Liechtenstein, joined Avaloq in 2016 as the CEO of Avaloq’s Swiss service centre. Previously, in his leading roles at Falcon Private Bank, he had been a member of the Avaloq Community for many years already.
- Markus Groeninger, Chief Markets Officer (CMO), became the CEO of Avaloq’s Swiss service centre in 2010, before joining the Group Executive Board, where he held the position as Group Chief Global Processing Network so far.
- Thomas Beck, Chief Technology Officer (CTO), was Avaloq’s Head of Innovation Development for three years before he joined the Group Executive Board.
- Brian Hurdis, Chief Service Delivery Officer (CSDO), joins Avaloq’s leadership team as a highly experienced technology consultant with a strong track record in running large operations.
- Pascal Foehn, Chief Operating Officer (COO) since 2015, joined Avaloq in 2010 as Head Strategy, Marketing & Corporate Communications.
- Dean Gluyas, Chief Financial Officer (CFO), joined Avaloq’s Group Executive Board in 2016; in his previous role he was the CFO of SunGard’s financial systems business.
Juerg Hunziker, Group CEO, said: “I would like to extend a warm welcome to Chris, Tobias and Brian as new members of the Group Executive Board, and I look forward to working with the new leadership team. This expert team, together with the talented Avaloq workforce and new organisational setup in place, will continue to execute the vision of our Chairman Francisco Fernandez to drive future growth. We will be focusing on standardisation and will bring banking to the next level of industrialisation while we continue to innovate and deliver highest quality to our customers.”
Download our logo and individual photos of our leadership team in different formats and resolutions.