This privacy statement informs you about the type of personal data that is collected and received through our Avaloq.com family of websites (“website”) and about how we use, share, retain and protect such personal data.
Who we are
We are the Avaloq Group AG (“we”, or “us”), a Swiss company registered at Schwerzistrasse 6, 8807 Freienbach, Switzerland. We are the data controller responsible for the processing of personal data through the website.
How we obtain personal data
We collect and receive personal data through the website. Personal data means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
We collect personal data that you choose to voluntarily provide to us for your use of the website.
The types of personal data we may obtain
We may collect and receive the following personal data from you:
- Name and contact details (such as name, address, email, username, phone numbers);
- Account details (such as username and password);
- Information on your use of the website;
- Personal data included in comments posted by you on the website;
- Personal data of individuals you wish to share your uploaded content with (such as name and email address);
- Traffic data (such as your Internet usage).
We may collect other types of personal data if required under applicable law or if necessary for the purposes listed below. We will then inform you and ensure that there is a valid legal basis for doing so.
How we may use personal data
We may use the personal data we collect and receive for the following purposes:
- To create an account for your use of the website; to operate our website and deliver the services you have requested, including, without limitation, our interactive services which you use;
- To respond to your queries;
- To analyze how the website is used, such as which pages are visited, how long pages were visited, and the paths taken by visitors to our website as they move from page to page;
- To manage our relationship with you;
- To contact you, such as by sending personalized emails or newsletters, about our products and service.
- To ensure the security of our business, preventing or detecting fraud or abuses of our website;
- To verify compliance with applicable legal requirements and our policies.
We will not use your data to make automated decisions about you.
How we may share personal data
We may share the personal data we collect and receive on a need to know basis with the following third parties:
- Other affiliates of the Avaloq group or its agents;
- Third party providers that perform services for us;
- Other users of the platform if you choose to share your messages;
- Competent public authorities or other third parties, if required by law or reasonably necessary to protect the rights, property and safety of ourselves or others.
We may also transfer your personal data in the event that we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets on a need to know basis. Should such a sale or transfer occur, we will use reasonable efforts to direct the transferee to use personal data you have provided to us in a manner that is consistent with applicable law and this privacy statement. We do not sell, rent or trade your personal data.
In order to use certain parts of this website, you might have to first complete the registration process. During registration you are required to provide certain information (such as your name and email address). This information may be used to maintain a personalized contact with you about the products/services on our site in which you have expressed interest. You may also choose to provide additional information about yourself, but this is not required.
Data transfers outside the EEA
We may transfer the personal data we obtain to third parties in countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA). The laws in those countries may not offer an adequate level of data protection. Countries to which personal data may be transferred include Singapore, Philippines and the United States.
When we transfer your personal data outside the EEA, we will protect your personal data as described in this privacy statement and in accordance with applicable laws, such as by entering into the European Commission’s Standard Contractual Clauses for the transfer of personal data to a processor located outside of the EEA.
This website may contain links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information. Your data protection and privacy rights under these third-party platforms will be governed by their respective privacy policies.
How we protect personal data
We maintain appropriate technical and organizational security safeguards designed to protect your personal data against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use. However, due the inherent open nature of the Internet, we cannot guarantee that communications between you and us or the personal information stored is absolutely secure. We will notify you of any data breach that is likely to have unfavorable consequences for your privacy in accordance with applicable law.
How long we retain personal data for
We retain personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which we collect or receive the personal data, except if required otherwise by applicable law. Typically, we will retain most of the personal data for the duration of your use of the website, until you have deleted your account, unless a longer applicable statutory retention period applies.
You have the following rights in relation to your personal data:
- The right to obtain, at reasonable intervals and free of charge, information on whether your personal data is being processed and to receive the personal data that is being processed in an intelligible form;
- The right to have your personal data rectified, blocked or deleted if your personal data is incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, irrelevant, outdated or processed unlawfully.
- The right to object on legitimate grounds to the processing of your personal data.
- To exercise these rights, please contact us using our contact details set out below. We may request that you provide a copy of your ID card or otherwise prove your identity. We will respond to your request within the applicable statutory term.
Updates to this privacy statement
We may occasionally update this privacy statement. We encourage you to periodically review this privacy statement in order to stay informed of how we use your information.
How to contact us
If you have any comments or inquiries about the information in this privacy statement, if you would like us to update your personal data, or if you want to exercise your rights, please contact our Data Protection Officer by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In addition, we collect certain personal data by using cookies when you visit the website, including similar technologies such as local storage.
- To gather website statistical data to analyze how our users use the website, such as which pages are visited, how long pages were visited, and the paths taken by visitors to our website as they move from page to page;
- To provide authentication (i.e. to keep you logged in between sessions). The information collected using local storage is stored on your browser and persists after your browser is closed.