This privacy statement informs you about the type of personal data that is collected and received through our Avaloq.com family of websites (“website”) and about how we use, share, retain and protect such personal data.
Who we are
We are the Avaloq Group AG (“we”, or “us”), a Swiss company registered at Schwerzistrasse 6, 8807 Freienbach, Switzerland. We are the data controller responsible for the processing of personal data through the website.
How we obtain personal data
We collect and receive personal data through the website. Personal data means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
We collect personal data that you choose to voluntarily provide to us for your use of the website.
The types of personal data we may obtain
We may collect and receive the following personal data from you:
- Name and contact details (such as name, address, email, username, phone numbers);
- Account details (such as username and password);
- Information on your use of the website;
- Personal data included in comments posted by you on the website;
- Personal data of individuals you wish to share your uploaded content with (such as name and email address);
- Traffic data (such as your Internet usage).
We may collect other types of personal data if required under applicable law or if necessary for the purposes listed below. We will then inform you and ensure that there is a valid legal basis for doing so.
How we may use personal data
We may use the personal data we collect and receive for the following purposes:
- To create an account for your use of the website; to operate our website and deliver the services you have requested, including, without limitation, our interactive services which you use;
- To respond to your queries;
- To analyze how the website is used, such as which pages are visited, how long pages were visited, and the paths taken by visitors to our website as they move from page to page;
- To manage our relationship with you;
- To contact you, such as by sending personalized emails or newsletters, about our products and service.
- To ensure the security of our business, preventing or detecting fraud or abuses of our website;
- To verify compliance with applicable legal requirements and our policies.
We will not use your data to make automated decisions about you.
How we may share personal data
We may share the personal data we collect and receive on a need to know basis with the following third parties:
- Other affiliates of the Avaloq group or its agents;
- Third party providers that perform services for us;
- Other users of the platform if you choose to share your messages;
- Competent public authorities or other third parties, if required by law or reasonably necessary to protect the rights, property and safety of ourselves or others.
We may also transfer your personal data in the event that we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets on a need to know basis. Should such a sale or transfer occur, we will use reasonable efforts to direct the transferee to use personal data you have provided to us in a manner that is consistent with applicable law and this privacy statement. We do not sell, rent or trade your personal data.
In order to use certain parts of this website, you might have to first complete the registration process. During registration you are required to provide certain information (such as your name and email address). This information may be used to maintain a personalized contact with you about the products/services on our site in which you have expressed interest. You may also choose to provide additional information about yourself, but this is not required.
Data transfers outside the EEA
We may transfer the personal data we obtain to third parties in countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA). The laws in those countries may not offer an adequate level of data protection. Countries to which personal data may be transferred include Singapore, Philippines and the United States.
When we transfer your personal data outside the EEA, we will protect your personal data as described in this privacy statement and in accordance with applicable laws, such as by entering into the European Commission’s Standard Contractual Clauses for the transfer of personal data to a processor located outside of the EEA.
This website may contain links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information. Your data protection and privacy rights under these third-party platforms will be governed by their respective privacy policies.
How we protect personal data
We maintain appropriate technical and organizational security safeguards designed to protect your personal data against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use. However, due the inherent open nature of the Internet, we cannot guarantee that communications between you and us or the personal information stored is absolutely secure. We will notify you of any data breach that is likely to have unfavorable consequences for your privacy in accordance with applicable law.
How long we retain personal data for
We retain personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which we collect or receive the personal data, except if required otherwise by applicable law. Typically, we will retain most of the personal data for the duration of your use of the website, until you have deleted your account, unless a longer applicable statutory retention period applies.
You have the following rights in relation to your personal data:
- The right to obtain, at reasonable intervals and free of charge, information on whether your personal data is being processed and to receive the personal data that is being processed in an intelligible form;
- The right to have your personal data rectified, blocked or deleted if your personal data is incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, irrelevant, outdated or processed unlawfully.
- The right to object on legitimate grounds to the processing of your personal data.
- To exercise these rights, please contact us using our contact details set out below. We may request that you provide a copy of your ID card or otherwise prove your identity. We will respond to your request within the applicable statutory term.
Updates to this privacy statement
We may occasionally update this privacy statement. We encourage you to periodically review this privacy statement in order to stay informed of how we use your information.
How to contact us
If you have any comments or inquiries about the information in this privacy statement, if you would like us to update your personal data, or if you want to exercise your rights, please contact our Data Protection Officer by sending an email to email@example.com.
In addition, we collect certain personal data by using cookies when you visit the website, including similar technologies such as local storage.
- To gather website statistical data to analyze how our users use the website, such as which pages are visited, how long pages were visited, and the paths taken by visitors to our website as they move from page to page;
- To provide authentication (i.e. to keep you logged in between sessions). The information collected using local storage is stored on your browser and persists after your browser is closed.
Avaloq's E-Recruiting Service (the “Service”)
Last modified 30 September 2018
This privacy notice describes how Avaloq Group AG and its affiliates may process your personal data when you use the Service.
We may modify this privacy notice from time to time and will place any updates on this website.
Responsible party for this service
We determine the data processing purpose regarding this Service in accordance
with the applicable data protection laws.
In this privacy notice the term ‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘our’ means the Avaloq entity with whom you are interacting, for example the entity managing the Service you are using.
We use HR Campus AG to process your personal data in accordance with our instructions. This data is hosted in Switzerland.
You can apply to our job vacancies by visiting the Service here. If you decide to apply for a job vacancy posted by us, these privacy notice provisions will apply to our processing of your personal data.
You must create an account by entering a personal username and a password to apply for a job vacancy. To consider your application for a vacancy you have applied, the information marked separately with an asterisk is required. You can decide whether to enter other personal data using the optional fields to better match your application data with the respective job vacancy.
You can edit or erase your application data at any time on your own using the self-service portal. You can access the self-service portal here.
Definition of personal data
Personal data is any information related to an identified or identifiable individual (e. g. a name, an address, a telephone number, date of birth or an e-mail address). We will only collect your personal data for the purposes of providing you with the Service.
What personal data we may obtain and when
We may obtain and process personal data when you use the Service, including:
- Your name and contact details (e.g. salutation, first name and last name, email address, phone number, city and ZIP code, country of residence, nationality);
- Your account details (such as username and password);
- Your resume data (e.g. qualifications, experience, information relating to your employment history, skills and experience);
- Your correspondence details if you contact us;
- Traffic data (such as your Internet usage); and
- Information on your use of the Service.
Additional personal data may be collected should you wish to provide further information to better match application data with the job vacancies under the Service.
All personal data under the Service can be changed at any time and any recommendations and voluntary information can be removed.
Legal basis for processing your personal data
We rely on legitimate interests as the lawful basis on which we collect and use your personal data. Our legitimate interests are the recruitment of staff for our business.
Purposes of processing
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To consider your application in respect of a role for which you have applied;
- To consider your application in respect of other roles;
- To communicate with you in respect of the recruitment process; and
- To help us improve our Service.
Erasure and storage of data
The use of the Service can be discontinued by us or you at any time.
Your data will be completely and permanently erased within three (3) months upon the job vacancy you have applied to has been fulfilled if you have not consented to a longer retention period. If you have consented to a longer retention period, your data will be completely and permanently erased within thirty-six (36) months upon your submission of your data. Alternatively, you can visit the self-service function (https://recruitingapp-2589.umantis.com/) and submit an erasure request. We will execute your erasure request and erase the data pursuant to our erasure practices where any personal data under the Service will be erased without undue delay. Any erasure undertaken will anonymize your data and render it unidentifiable.
Personal data that must be retained by us for legal reasons will be blocked in accordance with the applicable data protection regulations.
Cookies and general information about cookies
The Service uses so-called "cookies" to offer you an extensive range of functions and to make the use of the websites more comfortable. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your computer with the help of your Internet browser. When you visit the website again, the cookie allows that site to recognize your browser. Cookies may store user preferences and other information.
If you do not want cookies to be used, you can prevent the storage of cookies on your computer by making the appropriate settings in your internet browser. This may limit the functionality and range of functions of the Service.
Further information on cookies can be found here.
Find out more about online advertising and data protection.
We use a variety of technical and organizational security measures, including encryption, to maintain the safety of your personal data.
Your personal data is transmitted over a secure connection with 128-bit encryption and contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of people who have special access rights to these systems.
We limit access to your personal data to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorized manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
International data transfers
The personal data we collect or process in the context of this Service will be stored in Switzerland.
Some of the recipients with whom we share your personal data may be located in countries other than the country in which your personal data originally was collected. The laws in those countries may not provide the same level of data protection compared to the country in which you initially provided your data. Nevertheless, when we transfer your personal data to recipients in other countries, we will protect that personal data as described in this privacy notice and in compliance with applicable law.
We do not sell, rent or trade your personal data.
To the extent required by applicable law and subject to legal limitations, you have the right to:
- have access to your personal data;
- have inaccurate data corrected or removed;
- the erasure of your personal data;
- restrict the processing of your personal data;
- lodge a complaint with a competent data protection authority; or
- object to the processing of your personal data on compelling legitimate grounds relating to your situation.
If you would like to exercise some of those rights, please:
- use the self-service portal; or
- contact us using our contact details below and:
- let us have enough information to identify you,
- let us have proof of your identity and address, and
- let us know the information to which your request relates.
If you wish to provide feedback or if you have questions or concerns, or wish to exercise your rights related to your personal data, please contact our Data Protection Officer at: